5.23.2008

Lily Allen is still the queen

Today, Lily Allen posted a new blog on her myspace and addressed the endless number of wankers in the press who criticize and question everything she does. Lily is a style icon who also happens to make bangin' music, and clearly she's also an intelligent, thoughtful, honest, and upfront woman. Her new album, with producer extraordinaire Mark Ronson, is near completion. Let's hope it hits the shelves soon.

In the meantime, here's Lily's response to the half-a-tards in the British media:

"I don't really like to respond to things I read about my self in the press but , for the record I was not thrown off anybodys yacht in Cannes , occasionally I drink wine with lunch and yes i swim topless , this in my book is not embarrasing behaviour I'm 23 years old it's not my fault if photographers follow me everywhere and need a story to print with their pointless pictures . I wish digital cameras hadn't been invented , if these photographers had to pay for film it wouldn't wouldn't be worth their time , there is nothing proffesional about them , most of them look like they wouldn't be out of place at a BNP meeting . On the other hand digital pictures are easier to retouch , so i shouln't complain .I went for lunch with my ex boyfriend yesterday , lunch . I am not some failed baby making machine desperately to trying to win my man back . Sometimes I think these journalists are still living in the 50's . No one knows anything about my relationships . Ed and I are friends , who went for lunch yesterday , thats it .It's all so sexist , i wonder how many of these male journos , had bought themselves a house by the time they were 23. I work very hard at what i do , yes I like a drink and yes I have my bad days , but that doesn't mean I'm out of control. I'm perfectly capable of looking after my self thank you very much."

Check out Lily's myspace here: http://www.myspace.com/lilymusic
or check out her website: http://www.lilyallenmusic.com

No comments: